Thursday, March 21, 2019

My Favorite Things: Local Foods

So one of my favorite things I wanted to share about this week was something that is always on my mind. Alllll-ways.

Food!


And not just any food, I'm talking farm to table food. 

A couple years ago, one of my colleague's, who has a family farm, started selling beef and pork by the cut without having to order in bulk. They raise all of their animals and they are fed non-GMO corn grown on their farm, with no added hormones.  Intrigued, I decided to give it a try. 

And that's all it took. One try. Ever since, I've been a loyal customer and not bought beef or pork from anywhere except Stith Family Farms. The taste is so amazing. It's more flavorful than any meat I've ever had, the beef is way more tender, and the bacon is like sugar cured ham meets what bacon should be. And did I mention the ribs?! I have the best rib recipe that I've used for years but once I paired it with Stith Family Farm's ribs? Oh man, anyone who has had my ribs live's have been changed. Just ask them. Any of them.

And if the taste, quality, and knowing where your meat comes isn't enough reason to give it a try, the fact that you are supporting a local farm and family should do you in. Oh and did I mention they deliver?

You can place your order on their website or follow them on Facebook to see when the Meat Wagon comes to town!

Now that we have a "meat guy/gal", I felt the next step was to find a "vegetable guy". Starting in May, we will get a weekly box of fresh, locally grown veggies and eggs from Cedar Valley Farms.  Stay tuned to see if it makes my "Favorite Things" list!

No comments:

Post a Comment