Friday, October 6, 2023

Life of a Golf Mom

It’s an end of another season and this one was an exceptionally emotional one for me.

I don’t normally get emotional at a golf course when Talon’s not having a great day because I know that’s just part of the game. I hate it for him, and it is so hard to watch your kid struggle because you just want to take it away but you can’t, but today was a different kind of emotion for me. And it’s because Talon didn’t really have a bad day, it just wasn’t his day. And he’s had so many of those this season that I know has been so frustrating to him, but he has kept on grinding anyways. That makes me emotional.
He had a great day at Region last week and was so much more mentally at a good place than he had been all season and was so hopeful today he’d continue to see it pay off, but it just didn’t happen. That made me emotional.
And even more so, how he handled it.
He was playing with three other kids who also didn’t have the best day and their attitude showed. There were clubs thrown, inappropriate words said, and attempts at quitting many times. But not my boy. My boy was still smiling and chatting it up with a positive attitude, even though I could see behind those eyes disappointment that it was yet another day that wasn’t his day. But he accepted it for what it was even though he’s so deserving of so much more, and that’s what made me emotional.
I’m just so proud of how he handled today. How he handled this season. How he handles life. And I know he learned so much this season that will serve him well on and off the golf course next year and beyond.
But man, what I can’t wait for him to see is the struggle pay off next year. It will be oh so sweet.




No comments:

Post a Comment