Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Happy Wife, Happy Life



Happy Wife, Happy Life, at least that's what I've been trying to tell TJ. Now I know technically we aren't married yet but we might as well be. Thanks to my house selling way quicker than I ever imagined, TJ and I have been living together for the last couple of months. One of the hardest things about giving up my home was well, giving up my home. And not the physical, structural part of it, but the decor, furnishings, the set up, everything that made that house my home. It was exactly the way I wanted it, now it's gone. 

So naturally the first thing that I wanted to do when I moved in was redo and redecorate everything so it felt like home. Can you imagine TJ's excitement? Yeah it didn't really go over to smoothly at first. I mean, I get it. This has been his place, the way he wanted it and now I'm coming in and making it how I want it. BUT on the other side, I gave up my home to live in his home so I think it was well justified. Right? Right.


So anyways, this house has 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, a kitchen, dining room, and 3 living/family rooms. A BIG change from my 3 bed, 1 bath house. So where to begin? 

I started with Talon's room. Moving was a HUGE change for him too. I wanted to do whatever I needed to make sure he felt comfortable, and comfort came in the form of a $800 bunk bed that took two days to put together. Am I a sucker or what? But I do love how his room and bathroom turned out. It screams 'big boy'. I also wanted to make sure Talon had space to play, so the third bedroom became his playroom. It's right across the room from his bedroom so it works out perfectly, that is until we have more kids. At that point, Talon probably won't be playing with toys and might be off to college by then but anyways..... 



 
 


Next was the half bathroom on the main level. I feel like this is the only bathroom that I could decorate 'girly' because the master bath is shared between Teej and I, Talon has his own bathroom, and the bathroom downstairs is a guest/man cave bathroom that I'm not authorized to touch. So here's how that turned out--



Then I tackled the kitchen and dining room. The only thing I really did in the kitchen was put up some of my decorations. They actually matched up perfectly with a lot of what he had. High five! Then I painted the dining room from Kentucky Blue to Tiffany Blue. And I love it! I have dreams of getting a long wooden-ish dining room table that seats 8 but that's down the road....





Last was the front family room. Now this room is my fav. This room really didn't get used much and I decided to make it into my room, not bedroom, but my playroom/man cave. And I looooove how it turned out! I call it my library, even though I realized I need more books. This is where I spend a lot of my time, on my computer, reading the paper (yeah I'm that person),and just hanging out. It's so comfortable and relaxing. 





I have yet to tackle the main living room, master bed/bath, and landscaping but I'm saving those projects for next spring


Now you may be thinking, "Wow, you really did take over." Wellllll, not entirely. The entire basement is still TJ's and it's exactly the same as it was before I moved in. It's completely decked out in OU and KY sports decor and all that 'guy' stuff, from the family room, to the bathroom, to the bedroom.   

So we all have our own space and everyone's happy, happy, happy.


See? Happy Wife, Happy Life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment