Monday, June 23, 2014

Footprints On Our Hearts

What I'll always admire about my sweet baby cousin- 

1. She was a role model. She has several younger cousins on both sides of her family (to include my son, nieces, and nephews) that admired and looked up to her. No matter how old she got and how busy she was, she always made time for them. She was a princess in my niece's eyes. My son and nephew always talked about how she could "crank the ball" in softball and in Talon's words, was a "beast" on the field. It wasn't until they watched her play ball that they realized girls could hang with the boys too. :)



2. She was your all around girl. Athletic, smart, selfless, giving, loving, beautiful, and friends with everyone. 

3. She never met a stranger. You could put her in a crowd with a 100 people that she didn't know and within five minutes, she would have 100 new friends.She embraced new experiences with arms wide open. 

4. Her family came first. Like all of us Taylor's, her family was her #1 priority. Her brother, mother, and father were truly her best friends. She always made sure we all knew she loved us, as they were words always spoken by her. 






5. She always had a smile on her face, and it was contagious. She would light up a room when she walked in. You couldn't be in a bad mood when she was around. 


She left more footprints on our hearts in her short 17 years of life than many of us will strive to leave in 77 years of life. I'm a better person having known Brianna. While we didn't get enough time with her, I thank God for the time we did get with her and for putting her into our lives. 

A piece of our hearts will always be broken, but I have no doubt she's in Heaven, and because of that, I look forward to the day I get to see her again, a day when our hearts will be whole again.

 

 























1 comment: