Tuesday, April 15, 2014

How Fast Life Can Change



So it's been a while since I've blogged, like really blogged, and I miss it. And it seems the only time I do blog, it's a health update. And while I do have a health update, I have sooooooo many other things (and exciting things) to talk about. But this is what happens--  I'll randomly think about something I want to blog about, I'm pumped about it, but once I get home, that motivation goes right out the window. You see, I've really REALLY adjusted to this thing called "free time". It's something I hadn't ever experienced before, until I graduated from college last May. I thought it would be hard to get used to, since my entire adult life has been jam packed from sun up to sun down, but turns out, me and my couch and bed have developed a really good relationship. If all goes as planned, every night I'm in bed at 9pm.  It's wonderful. 

Anyways.... 

I'm really going to try to do better. Otherwise, how will you all know what's going on in the life of this (soon to not be) single mom? And there's A LOT going on. Where to start, where to start...

So there's this guy, that I love, and we are getting married... wait, what?! It's still hard for me to wrap my mind around, too. Me, the girl who has been single for over 5 years, who was convinced that it was just going to be me and Talon forever, and I was okay with that. I had adjusted to being single. Then in one night, all of that changed. 

I've known TJ for a couple of years, and never EVER in my wildest dreams did I ever think we would end up together. Until that one night, last Fall, we ended up at the same place-- my friend Jasmine's house. I don't know why, or how, but that night, I really opened up my eyes to TJ. And I fell, hard. And I still haven't gotten back up. 

When I say I haven't been in a serious relationship in over 5 years, I mean it. I've dated, but nothing serious. And I've dated some great guys, but something was always missing. I could never figure it out, until that night last Fall. It was that spark, that instant connection that drew me in. The way I instantly felt about him that night was a way I had never felt before. I knew this was different, I knew he was it. Really.

Since that night, there hasn't been a day we haven't talked or seen each other. And each day, I fall more and more in love with him. Speaking of love, I can vividly remember the first time he told me he loved me. It gave me butterflies. Aside from Talon telling me he loves me, they were the sweetest words I had ever heard. 

Even though we've only been dating for a short while, I have no doubts he was made for me. I've felt that way for a while, too. Everything with him is just, different. We are different in so many ways, and he drives me crazy in so many ways, and I know I'm not always a cup of tea either, but it doesn't matter, we still work. We've had some pretty big arguments, but each time we do, I feel like our relationship just gets stronger once we get through it. And I feel confident that we will always be able to make it through. The way he loves me is a way I've never been loved. It's such a great feeling--To love someone, and to be loved back. 

"It will happen when you least expect it", they say. Well they were right. 



Enough gushing. 

But there have been some challenges-- dating with a child, and dating with a serious health condition-- two things I had never done before, up until this point in my life. 

And that's what I'll talk about next time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment