Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sweet Escape

The other day I was flipping through the channels and landed on Poseidon. For those of you who haven't seen Poseidon, here's a summary:

 On New Year's Eve, the luxury ocean liner, Poseidon, capsizes after being swamped by a rogue wave. The survivors are left to fight for survival as they attempt to escape the sinking ship. (IMDb)

I've never seen this movie before but it immediately caught my attention when I flipped to is because it was on the part where the only few people left alive on the boat were forced to swim underwater, between debris and electrical cords, through rooms, in an upside down boat, in attempt to get to higher, dry ground. My first thought watching this wasn't, "wow, that is really dangerous, I hope they make it." Instead, it was, " I guess none of those people wear contacts...."    Who thinks like that? ... I do.

Welcome to my weeknights/ends.

So I've never been much of a TV/movie person. I've always had favorite shows, such as HIMYM and The Office but never freaked out if I missed them. I mean, who has time to keep up with a TV show? Fast forward to today, thanks to DVR, I'm a TV junkie, and I rush home to watch my favorite shows. Why the change? I think it has to do with where I am in life. The sitcoms I watch are relatable, in some form or fashion, and the dramas, are just plain entertaining. And maybe it's just a sweet escape from reality? Maybe it's a mom thing? Whatever it is, I'm not ashamed. I love weeknight TV.

Confession:

If you are looking for a new show to follow, here are my recommendations:

1. Revenge. This is my absolute favorite. If you haven't watched it yet, do it. You won't regret it.

2. Happy Endings. This show never lets me down. I rate this as the funniest comedy. Watch it once and you will be hooked, promise.

3. Modern Family. This is another super funny one. "Phil's-osophy" should be apart of everyone's life.

4. HIMYM. This is a long time favorite. I think that's because I completely feel like the character Ted.

5. Nashville. This is another good drama. It just started this past year so it's easy to catch up on.

Honorable Mentions: Scandal, Suburgatory, Don't Trust The B, 666 Park Avenue, and Last Resort. (Sadly the last two won't be coming back next season.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment